Are you interested in a job as a assistant, but without prior experience? No worries! You don’t have to be an expert virtual assistant to start this career. Many people start out at the basic level to build a career in moneymaking.
A virtual assistant, commonly known as “VA”, refers to an entrepreneur who provides online services to valuable clients in a variety of industries from their remote location . The virtual assistants provide business services from home or any remote location.
The services provided by virtual assistants include administrative tasks, social networking, and teaching services.
The VA can handle multitasking jobs efficiently. The VA has the capability to manage the social media accounts of a blogger sitting in other part of the country or can manage the back-office management of a travelling life-coach based in the Australia while the VA sitting in India or any part of the country. These are only a few instances.
Virtual assistants need to create a LinkedIn profile.
LinkedIn links professionals and beginners in a field.
The LinkedIn is populated with bunch of professionals and experts in each industry. For the latest information, contact professional experts.
Learning from and observing others is a great way to learn.
The remote services provided by the VA are split into four major divisions:
General Administrative services
- Below is a list of admin services you could offer your client to be a Virtual Assistant.
- Cold calling and booking sales appointments are some of the ways that clients can seek donations. To narrow down the target audience, the market research must be done.
- Follow-up with valued clients/customers regularly via correspondence or online.
- Electronic Calendar Management allows users to mark appointments and record events on an electronically managed calendar.
- File folder Management (manage and organize their files using Dropbox / Google Drive etc)
- Online google research for blog post topics, newsletters, gathering contacts etc.
- Bookings for Hotel rooms and Flight Travel
- You can create different reports for weekly/fortnight tasks and deliverables, sales, turnovers, etc.
- Preparing Microsoft PowerPoint Presentations for their online courses, webinars, conferences or meetings.
- Monitoring and recruiting remote freelance workers like a web designer, video editor or videographer.
- Personal jobs – booking restaurants and events, purchasing surprise gifts, booking dinners, reserving tables for dinners, shifting houses, paying bills, etc.
Digital Marketing Services
digital marketing is a method of marketing products or services via digital technology. The technology mode, which can include mobile phones and other digital sources , is promoted in the internet.
Digital marketing options such as Search Engine Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Search Engine Marketing, Internet Marketing, Product Marketing, Social Media Promotion, Paid Search, Marketing collateral, Email Marketing, and Mobile Marketing are expanding all around the world. The varied options require the VA services.
There is a lot to be done in each digital marketing strategy.
According to digital marketing, analytics and metrics matter everything.
Here are a few examples.
- Social Media Marketing Social Media Marketing Social Media Marketing – This is the use social media such as twitter, Instagram, Facebook and blogs to market products and services. Online marketers create brand awareness and promote products to consumers around the globe.
- SEO is Search Engine Optimization. Search Engine Optimization (Search Engine Optimization) This practice by SEO/e-commerce organisations is used to maximize the number of visitors, increase traffic and populate the website with the optimization methods. The optimization techniques can be used in both offline and online modes.
- Social Media Optimization: The social media optimization process is used to improve brand recognition, awareness, and popularity of the product on various social media platforms.
- Marketing on Facebook – Online marketing helps to create brand popularity. They set up facebook pages and follow up regularly. To gain popularity, marketers create ads.
- Twitter Advertising – Online marketers help to build brand recognition and popularity by creating a twitter account. Follow up is encouraged. Marketers create ads to gain followers and popularity.
- Instagram Marketing- Online marketers can create brand recognition by setting up an Instagram account and following up with them on a regular basis. To gain popularity, marketers make advertisements and then view their followers.
- YouTube Management The YouTube marketing allows users post videos to generate virality for millions of viewers. You will need to create a channel, post videos about various subjects, such as fashion, child psychology, hair styling, and child care tips.
- Pinterest Management Pinterest marketing is a way to use Pinterest to raise awareness of your products and business. Pinterest is used to drive traffic to the website and draws audience attention.
- Marketing by Email – Mail marketing is the act of sending commercial content, or messages to valuable clients, via email. Email marketing is used in order to promote sales of the product and pitch sales.
- Branding- Organizations can use branding actions to differentiate themselves from their peers and other emerging competitors. The branding strategies are implemented to strengthen your position in the market. The branding is done by the marketers who wants to create a brand loyalty among the consumers.
- Paid advertisements – Online marketers use paid ads to drive consumers to their sites and other search engines.
- Social Media Content Marketing – Marketing stuff can be transferred through the content of online websites.
Creative Job Suite
Here are some examples:
- Graphic designing
- Newsletter designing
- Web designing
- Creating Infographics
- Logo design
- Designing brand materials to launch new products or services.
- Video editing and creation
Online Teaching services
The teaching services can be divided into 2 broad categories:
1. LIVE mode allows you to offer teaching services
A Few Examples:
Tutoring school children online
Online tutoring English or any other language to students/working professionals/homemakers
2. Teaching services using “How to”) video tutorials
Only a few real examples
- How to create a winning online course
- How to create graphics using Picmonkey / Canva / Gimp tools
- How to use Google Drive / Drop Box/ One Drive to store unlimited data
- How to make instructional YouTube videos
- How to make ice cream cakes, pancakes, and sugar-free cupcakes. Whole wheat bread/cookies are also possible.
- How to do party hair or makeup in 15 minutes
- How to create fillable pdf workbooks and worksheets
- How to take professional photos for Instagram/Facebook
- How to become an Amazon/EBay branded affiliate vendor
- How to automate Pinterest marketing
- How to draw faces, images or characters for comics book
- There are many resources on the internet that will help you to find work-from-home jobs or opportunities that suit your interests and skills.
Which soft-skills are most compatible with remote work?
These are the skills that you will need to be a long-term employee or worker for profitable remote clients.
- Be Professional — You must be more professional in your interactions with clients.
- Never hesitate to take Initiative – Since you are a virtual business owner, the clients expect you to analyse and understand the tasks fastly and take initiate to ask for any doubts promptly, without expecting and halting for them to instruct you.
- Problem-solving skills – You should be able to forecast a problem before it turns into a major crisis and is more expected to correspond the client with a happening solution.
- Effective – With experience, your work efficiency and continued efforts to grow your business will go a long way.
- Persistence – You may come across a strict time-bound assignment or a tough situation wherein you are required to devote extra time, effort and energy to complete the task. You’ll be trustworthy and reliable because of your perseverance and ability not to give up, despite the odds.
- Excellent communication – Clients need you to communicate with them regularly and keep them updated with an open heart. Making the clients to ask or send reminders to you about the work updates is NOT being professional.
- Task Organization skills – Being able to organize your tasks in advance, follow the schedules, and focus on only one thing at a given time will allow you to manage multiple tasks for valuable client projects.
Which tools does the VA need?
Below are some basic tools you’ll need before you start taking on client work.
- Google Docs – to create, edit and share documents
- Dropbox File sharing tool
- WordPress is a tool for managing and creating websites
- Email marketing tool MailChimp. GetResponse
- Social Media Management Tool – Hootsuite, Buffer
Virtual assistants are often contracted by many companies. These companies aka agencies act as a middle person to get a job in virtual assistant sector.
You can find the job opportunities for virtual assistants on websites like Indeed, Upwork, Time.
Make sure your queries or searches are relevant to the field. Next, fill in the where and how sections.
Virtual assistant holds job profile with multi-tasking potential because the job profile covers miscellaneous skills.
Virtual assistants provide technical and administrative support for finance, law, and start-up businesses. You can establish a virtual assistant business, or work remotely from clients around the world.
You need to upgrade yourself according to the job profile.Since the virtual assistants are involved in different field, their income differs widely ranging from 20,000 to 80,000 dollar on an annual basis.
The highest salary drawing virtual assistant need to devote their work for full-time and provide executive level support to clients and provide services such as web-designing, developer.